Our challenge for this week is to do something visual about it. I'd like you to make some kind of visual reminder to help you reach your personal healthier living goal.
A few ideas might be:
1. If you have inches or pounds to lose get 2 jars and some kind of tangible markers to put in it (quarters, buttons, stones, seashells). In the first jar put how many -- inches, pounds or whatever you hope to lose and you will move one marker into the second jar each time you lose one. Sad of course if you have to move any of the markers back!
2. Find a photo to post of your heaviest or most out of shape self and your thinnest or most in shape self. Tack it to your mirror or refrigerator or somewhere else your gaze often falls.
3. If drinking water is your goal get a large cup or bottle that holds ALL the water you want to drink daily so you can more easily see and track your progress.
4. If a certain level of fitness or exercise is your goal make some kind of chart to track your progress. I had one girlfriend that literally ran from North Carolina to Los Angeles. She found out how many miles that was and made herself a little chart where she colored in each of the many miles she ran until she met the total. She was there!
5. Make yourself a puzzle. Google an image of something you have been really wanting (manicure, new pair of shoes, movie tickets to a film you want to see etc.) and cut the puzzle up into a number of pieces. When you reach health living milestones you set for yourself, award yourself a piece until you have completed the puzzle and allow yourself the real reward.
6. There are a couple of really interesting websites. The first one is at
This is an interesting site where various people have downloaded photos of themselves at various heights and weights and sizes. (not all modest- Sorry!) It is a tool to help you discover what size, shape and weight you truly desire to be at.
7. A second tool that is really fun and I'd love it if you'd all take the time to use this one is
This tool allows you to upload a full body photo of yourself and once you have, you can use a sliding tool to see what you will look like plus 20 pounds or minus 5 pounds etc. A great visual tool.
So for this next week to earn your 35 bonus points you must:
1. Make some type of visual to help you with your weight loss goals
2. Post on the blog and tell us what you've made. We'd love to see pictures too, if that's possible!
Good luck and let your vision of your healthier self guide you!